The Association for Responsible Alternatives to Workers’ Compensation (ARAWC) is an organization dedicated to better medical outcomes and improved benefits for injured workers and cost savings for employers. ARAWC is comprised of leading national, regional and state employers, third party administrators, insurers, brokers, law firms and other workers’ compensation experts dedicated to delivering improved outcomes for injured employees and their families. As its top strategic objective, ARAWC’s mission includes protecting and promoting the Texas injury benefit program and its distinct, proven advantages. Consequently, the association actively pursues:
- Expanding and improving understanding of the advantages of the Texas injury benefit program through educational meetings, information distribution and collaborative, active dialogue with members and industry experts.
- Clarifying the critical differences between responsible Texas employers with a formalized Texas injury benefit program, and an employer who offers no coverage or response plan.
- Working collaboratively with legislators and regulators, like the Texas Department of Insurance and U.S. Department of Labor.
- Promoting new research and building upon prior studies that support the superior statistical performance and employee satisfaction found under the Texas injury benefit program.
- Providing interested parties with documented evidence, research, case studies and testimony that provide compelling proof of the clear-cut advantages and remarkable employee and employer outcomes of the Texas injury benefit program.
In 2020, ARAWC launched its new service – QCARE. QCARE stands for the Qualified Compensation Alternative for Recovering Employees. It’s a simple, no-cost, online designation
to recognize employers with a responsible Texas injury benefit program that satisfies high industry standards.
To get QCARE designated there are ten requirements
that emphasize legal compliance, fairness in benefit delivery, insurance protections, and professional claims administration.
To find out more about ARAWC visit ARAWC.org and QCARE at QCARE.org. To reach out by phone, call 781-876-6270. You can also email email@example.com