Media training from the team who used to be the media.
Real News Public Relations' media relations strategies help professionals better understand the media, what drives reporters, and how to use your understanding to nail the interview every time. Formal media training is important, whether you’re being interviewed on TV, in print, or on the radio, one thing is certain: it’s not the reporter’s questions that make a story newsworthy, it’s your answers. Our media trainers are journalists that will train you on messaging and techniques to ace your media interview every time.
Our Training Covers:
- Target audiences
- How to look and sound great on TV: Body Language and Intonation
- Message crafting, storytelling, and public speaking skills
- Emotional messaging: using a media appearance to make people care
- The art of owning a TV, radio, or print interview
- What journalists want and what journalists need
- The art of the soundbite
- Bridging techniques
- How to answer difficult questions
Our Media Experts Cover How To:
- Set goals for every interview
- Practice your body language so you look your best every time
- Stay consistent and focused with your key message
- “Bridge” any instances where your message may be taken off track
- Create catchy takeaways and soundbites in order to ensure you are remembered exactly how you want to be
Suggested Media Training Agenda
Interviews are played back with attention to pauses, eye contact, tone, body language, use of sound bites and ability to bridge back to the talking points. Coachable moments are discussed.
Jeff briefs teams on the art of handling difficult questions, managing interview dynamics, and navigating an interview without saying anything that would create troubles for the legal team. Attendees participate in a press conference in which one or more spokespeople are designated and the attendees become the reporters.
Want to get trained by former journalists & news media personnel?
If you’re looking to get trained by former journalists and news media personnel, look no further than the Media Training Workshop in Dallas, Texas. Our workshop is led by experienced professionals who will help you develop the skills you need to communicate effectively with the media. You’ll learn how to craft a compelling story, deal with difficult questions, and navigate the ever-changing landscape of the news industry. So whether you’re a business executive, politician, or nonprofit spokesperson, the Media Training Workshop will give you the tools you need to succeed.